Life style, food habits, habitat, during the process of digestion n metabolism and other physiological activities including natural cells deaths create various types of waste products which need to be cleaned from time to time. Although these endotoxins get excreted naturally also but some amount of these wastes / toxins get accumulated in our system and that can cause various diseases especially metabolic disorders or can cause low immunity and susceptibility to various infections get increased. According to Ayurveda in the nature of these toxins depend on the Prakriti of person, season, types of food, life style and can be of three categories.
The purpose of panchakarma therapies to detoxify the system to prevent the manifestation of possible diseases and these therapies in healthy persons are done in particular season in which a category of toxins can be flushed out easily. In disease conditions the nature of toxins depend on the nature of disease, Prakriti n agni of the patient and hence planned accordingly.
These are five types of therapeutic interventions which are planned according the nature of toxins after preparation of body with deepana-pachan, sanahena, svedana so that the targeted toxins could be excreted out easily.
- Vamana [ Therapeutic emesis], to offload kaphaj nature of toxins in various types of kaphaj disorders and in Vasnata Ritu in health persons as preventive for kaphaj diseases.
- Virechana[ Therapeutic purgation] , to excrete out pitta nature of toxins in various pitta types of diseases and in Shard ritu in healthy persons to prevent the manifestation of pitta types of disorders.
- Anuvasana Basti[ Enema with medicated oil/ghee]
- Asthapana/Niruha Basti[ Enema with Herbal Water ]
- Shirovirechana/ Nasaya [ Medication thru nose], to excrete out toxins from supra-clavicular disorders . After doing the main process the specific therapeutic dietary and life style regimen need to be followed for a certain period of time .
These two types of enemas are given alternately to remove the endotoxins of vata category in vata disorders and in Varsha ritu in health persons to prevent the various types of degenerative and vata types of diseases.
Panchakarma therapy works very gently, readjusting our body more healthy functioning, but nevertheless it is necessary for a doctor's support and to achieve optimal results treatments should be carried out carefully by trained physicians.
Read More Enquire Now
Much famed as an Ancient Ayurvedic method of purification and cleansing, Pancha Karma is directed towards removing impurities and toxins from the body. It is a helpful method to rejuvenate mental functionality. The excellence of Pancha Karma lies in restoring constitutional balance for the efficient improvement of overall health and wellness.
Read More Enquire Now